Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Head Frist Java

Received a book ordered last week. Name is...'Head First Java'. It's really really famous for people who learn Java language.

I like enterprise related programing things. Like a CORBA, EJB, etc. I haven't learned yet, but I'm interested in that. Why am I so interested that kind of things? It might be related what I did when I worked in tri-d communications. I programmed game server. The game was not a usual type of game. It has two totally different features. One thing is that it is chatting site. And the other thing is that is mmorpg game.

It sounds like so easy. Yes, that's not a big deal. Just build it. But the problem is number of connections. When our game just started, there are not huge number of users. So, we don't need to use over than one server machine. It's enough for such a small traffics. But time went by, our users are increased, and....Traffics were also increased in dramatically.

We have to do something for that problems. Server was dying frequently.

The solution was 'distribution'. Distributed Systems were the only solution at that time. If our game was just MMORPG without chatting things, We didn't need that solution. Because user can choose their favorite server when they log in our system. That is usual scenery of the MMORPG. But we couldn't. We had to hire that user can choose their login server. Because their ages are just 6-12. (사실 이 부분은 내가 한것이 아니라 선임자들이 해 놓은 부분임. 단지 이 표현들을 연습해 보고 싶었음. ㅋ)

So, we have to use distributed concept. And that was so successful. Oh yes. the story is going so different road. OK. I'll stop it.

So, I'm interested in such a huge traffic situation. That interesting drive me into a Enterprise Development Things, EJB, CORBA, DCOM, etc.

It's so long story, but the point is that I'm reading a book named 'Head First Java'. It's written in English. That gives me one more chance that is practicing English. I can learn Java language and English. It's kind of awesome decision. And fortunately, Head Frist seriese are so famous at their writing sytle. They choose really easy and fun words and expressions. It's perfect to study English. haha.

No comments: